Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Random Layout - Moments Recorded March2014

I'm playing along at Moments Recorded challenge March2014. Stacy Koo is hosting this month and it's a photo inspiration challenge with 2 criteria - make a project or card or LO inspired by the cushion photo and must include butterflies. I interpreted the photo as a sketch, butterflies on top and I subbed the birdcage with my nest! Other than that it's the colors - I started off with a white cardstock and the most obvious stark black butterflies. Colors inspiration from the photo was mainly blue. I did a lot of random layers of stamping all over with some dots and 2 newsprint stamps. Most of the inks used were  Distress Inks. Using glaze medium I added the jute grass and cotton bandage to add some layers, before I went crazy with Dylusions. Finally I stamped some butterflies around and added the rubon title. It is certainly great having my scrapping mode back. I haven't been crafting productively until today, I'm so glad!

Thanks for looking!

Noteables : Bazzil cardstock, Newsprint stamps from Stampendous/Impression Obsessions, Distress Inks Iced Spruce/Bundled Sage, Versafine Onyx Black, Dylusions London Blue/Black Marble/Vibrant Turquiose, October Afternoon rubon, Jute Grass, Cotton bandage

No comments:

Post a Comment