Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Random Layout - CSI #62

I haven't been scrapping for the whole of last week. I finally found some energy and motivation on Saturday night and managed one layout for this week and 2 cards. Then I started to work on this layout so here's my take on CSI case #62, finally complete last night piecing them together. This is  a photo of the boys strolling at Botanic Gardens. Typically singing gibberish or some made up songs. Hand in hand they walk, #1 would stop at the plants to figure out the pronunciation of the scientific names of the plants, giggles, before the switch suddenly turns on for them to go prancing around in circles. Well, we get that all the time at every visit to the Gardens. 
My layout is based on CSI DT Em Starface's sketch. I guess I'm more into bold or dark colors. This palette is rather soft so I find that the color palette this week quite difficult. But boy, am I glad that the misting does most of the job well, blending together give the outcome that I wished/prayed for! 

The evidences on my layout includes wood, musical element, circles and plant. Testimony music title is based on 8Days A week is a song from The Beatles. While the journaling is except by Toy Story main theme You've Got A Friend in Me . The boys love the movie, loves the iPad app and not sure if they love this song but anyway it's meaningful. This is just a mommie's wish to the both of them and it reads :
You've got a friend in Me
When the road looks rough ahead (not quite in the photo, eh?)
We stick together, we can see it through 


Noteables : Tattered Angels Blarney/Summer Glow/Teal High Heel, Dylusions Postbox Red, Versacolor Gray, Staz On Jet Black, Distress Inks Bundled Sage/Tumbled Glass/Tea Dye,  Bo Bunny Stained Textured Stamps, Stampers Anonymous Seasonal Reflections,Studio  Calico Wood Stars, Classiky washi tapes Graffiti & Music, Buttons from the stash, Flair from OA, Alpha stickers from OA Very Merry/5 & Dime

Linking up :
Paperissues Let's have crafting aflair
Simon says stamps A bit o' green
 

4 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. Love the creative use of the buttons.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Love the buttons and ink x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page Michelle, such an adorable photo and I love the inks and embellies you've used.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I featured your layout on the Paper Issues blog today! THanks for linking us up! I always love your stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete