Friday, October 5, 2012

Let's Scrap - DT challenge146

This is my first DT challenge which I set for Let's Scrap. Let's go PHOTOLESS and of course this comes with a couple more restrictions. There are couple more restrictions that I set in the challenge. Details as follows :
1. No photos allowed (You may use greeting card, postcards, brochures, movie tickets, love notes, kids doodles, whatever sort of ephemera)

2. You MUST use a CARD sketch and to turn into a layout. Check out the sketches here in this folder. http://letsscrap.ning.com/photo/albums/lets-scrap-card-sketches
3. No stitching/stamps/stencil/misting/ink/paint/texture paste/crayon/acrylic paint (this is a challenge for me!)
4. Only one punch is allowed (you can use this punch as many times as you want on your layout)
5. MUST HAVE your own handwriting somewhere on the layout
6. MUST HAVE at least one diecuts or chipboard on your layout
7. MUST HAVE 2 patterned paper only - excluding the base

One winner, chosen at random, will receive a RAK from me. Happy Scrapping!
*** You can have as many buttons, tapes, stickers, journal cards, ribbons,  twine etc on your layout. A lot of room to play with, right? So rummage through your stash now and go on and have fun scrapping
  

Here are the details on that little note - what seemed to be a historic moment that teacher commented that Dylan's being nice in school! Ok, back to scrappy business here... No stamp/ink/mist/stencil is a little tough for me. And this is the first photoless layout I'm making. I decided to use those OA stickers that I got from last year's Santa Sacks and I had LOTS of FUN putting them all around the page and layering them, though they end up looking pretty flat :). My recipe of my layout as follows :
1. No photo, just a note from daycare teacher that my kid was behaving nice
2. 1 6x6 paper from Fancy Pants Off to School and 1 scrap piece from Echo Park
3. Swiss Cheese EK Success punch and used the punched out circles to add to the page. I didn't waste!
4. My handwriting on the little "About me" label
and the rest are 1 chipboard conversation bubble, 1 journaling card, 1 Smash tape, 1 airmail slim MT tape, tonnes of stickers and of course glue :) 

As usual I can barely scrap anything in straight line, just got to do it an angle somehow (excuse!). Hope you think this is a fun layout too! 

Be sure to tag your layout correctly: challenge146 (all one word), followed by a comma, a space, and the card sketch number you used. My tag will read: challenge146, 5-18-11

Wow, this is indeed the longest post on my craft blog to date. Thanks for reading my novel :) Oh yes, one more thing, the October LayOut-A-Day (LOAD)  is now on. Hop over and join us for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment